Q: I have a Dodge Journey 2009, my key is stuck on the ignition the shift is on park but on the screen it says that is on reverse my

asked by on November 07, 2017

I have a Dodge Journey 2009 automatic , my key is stuck on the ignition, the dashboard is saying is on reverse and the shift is on park

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Jessica. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s quite possible that your brake switch is stuck or damaged or a shift sensor is damaged and causing this problem. One thing you can try is to press on the brake pedal and try to move your shift lever into a gear, then back into the park position. If this works, then it’s possible you’ll be able to turn your key backward and remove. If it doesn’t move, you’ll need to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to isolate the root source of this problem and complete the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr