Q: EVAP leak needs repairing.

The Check Engine light is on. The emissions reader gives a code P144A, which has something to do with the EVAP system. I need EVAP line tests to find the leak and repair it.

Hi there, the code is a common one. The test procedure involves physically inspecting the canister for fuel. The canister should only house fuel vapors not fuel. If no fuel is present then the purge valve needs to be tested for proper operation. Depending on where you are located, this repair might be necessary to meet and pass emissions testing. I suggest seeking the help of a qualified technician to perform these test as sometimes these repairs can get costly if misdiagnosed.

3. EVAP leak needs repairing.