Check charge system. I have a new battery new alternator ...

Q: Check charge system. I have a new battery new alternator and starter. It's still saying this and dying after Be drove

asked by on July 10, 2017

I have a 2006 hhr ls. The car wouldn't start one day I got a jump it ran then died again but it was check charge system battery save mode. So I replace the battery it was still saying the same thing and not working I got a new starter it still wasn't working I got a new alternator. It stop saying check charge system. I was able to drive it to work but when I was on my way home it popped up again check charge system a few miles later the speed started dropping and didn't want to go. I pulled over cut it off tried to cut it back but it wouldn't start. Why does it keep doing this? How do I fix this problem?

Hi there. What you are describing is similar to a parasitic battery drain. This happens when an electrical component or accessory is continually drawing electrical power while the vehicle is turned off. These issues can be very difficult to diagnose, so it might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an electrical inspection to isolate this issue and recommend the right repairs.