Q: Car cranking, but not turning over

asked by on February 16, 2016

My car won't start. It just cranks, but doesn't turn over.

Car will not turn over Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are a number of things that could be the cause of a no start condition. Remember, an engine requires 4 things to run: Air, Fuel, Compression, and Spark. Your vehicle has a complex computer controlled ignition system and relies on signals from the crank sensor to tell it when to open the fuel injectors and when to fire the spark plugs. A problem with this sensor would not allow the engine to run. You could also have internal mechanical damage preventing the engine from running. I suggest having a trained technician run a variety of tests to find out why your car won’t turn over and to see what exactly is stopping the engine from running.