Q: My truck is overheating and when I turn heat on only cold air comes out?

asked by on December 29, 2016

Someone please help it's cold outside my truck keeps overheating and when I turn heat on only cold air blows out ive tried replacing the thermostat and water pumpI don't know what else could be the problem
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check for any external coolant leaks. Look at the radiator, heater hoses, radiator hoses, heater core, and the core plugs (freeze plugs) on the engine and see if there is any visible coolant leaks. If there is no leaks, then the head gasket could be burned causing the engine to overheat. The heater is not working for there may not be enough coolant in the vehicle to transfer any heat to the cabin area. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your overheating condition.