Q: Car will not go into gear

My car will not go forwards or backwards.

Not able to change gears Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. Your vehicle has a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and a shift interlock system. If you can move the gear selector through the options but the vehicle does not move, the problem is likely internal to the transmission. If you can’t get the vehicle out of park, then the problem is probably in the interlock system. In the case of the latter, there is a way to manually get your vehicle out of park. Under the right side of the center console pod, you’ll find a plug that allows access to the park lock lever for manual operation. If this doesn’t help, I suggest you have a trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the gear problem with your vehicle and repair any damaged parts.