Q: 2007 Honda Accord v6 won't start or even click when key turned.

Radio plays lights come on but nothing when I turn key to start car .

Hi There, This may be caused by a number of things, but commonly this is a result of a faulty connection at the battery or in many cases, a faulty starter relay. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter.

In some cases, this may be related a bad neutral safety switch. Your vehicle has a neutral safety switch that will prevent the vehicle from starting when it is in any gear position other than park or neutral. Occasionally, this switch can malfunction causing the car to stall as soon as you put it into any gear. This switch usually also monitors gear selection data as well, that is transmitted back to the computer. This switch is connected to the starter solenoid which allows it to complete the starter circuit only when the transmission is in park or neutral. In some cases, if the switch is bad, it will not allow the car to start as a result of the switch producing a faulty signal indicating that the car is in gear even when it is not. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. 2007 Honda Accord v6 won't start or even click when key turned.