Q: Check Engine and VSA light coming on

asked by on February 16, 2016

The Check Engine light is on, along with the VSA light.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, VSA stands for Vehicle Stability Assist and is Honda’s computer system that helps ensure the tires have traction to help keep you on the road. When both the check engine light and the VSA light are illuminated it means that the computer has detected there may be a fault in the system. Have a technician diagnose why the Check Engine Light is on and pull the diagnostic codes from the cars computer in order to find out more about what is going on. The car is still okay to drive, just be aware that ABS (Anti-lock Brake System) and the Traction Control may not be working properly. Both of these systems monitor the wheels to ensure that they do not lock up and skid, which greatly reduces traction. This is important when the road is wet as the wheels can easily lock up when trying to brake.