Q: Car radio works, pops, and then stops working

asked by on February 17, 2016

The radio is not working. When it does turn on, it will play for a few minutes, and then I hear a loud popping sound, as if the speakers have blown. At this point, the radio stops working.

From the information provided on your Honda, it leads me to believe that the problem may be found in one of two places: the stereo itself or the wiring for the speakers. While is is possible to have all the speakers blow out in your Accord at the same time, if the stereo stops playing music completely it is likely that the problem is with the radio itself. To be 100% certain, it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to stop by and go over your vehicle with you. They will be able to inspect the radio and its components to determine exactly why your stereo is not functioning as it should be. They will also be able to assist you with the repairs necessary so you can enjoy your favorite music on your daily commute.