Q: Car Accelerates Slowly Unless I Push Aggressively on Gas

I got my brakes serviced right before the Holidays and shortly after began to realize that the car felt like it was being pulled back in a way and slower to accelerate. I thought this was due to the new brakes and thought this would taper off. However it has continued.

Dealership said my transmission fluid was good, but that I would need an engine air filter soon. I have not seen any leaks, so maybe it is the engine air filter that is causing this?

Any information you can provide would be helpful!

Hi there. The dealership is probably correct in this case. A dirty air filter can cause acceleration problems. However, it is also possible the fuel filter as well is dirty and will need to be changed as well. Typically it is a good idea to replace both at the same time. This helps to improve fuel efficiency as well as the acceleration. I would recommend starting with this routine service first to see if this clears up your issue. If not, feel free to set up a car is slow to accelerate inspection; so one of our professional mobile mechanics can further diagnose your issue.