Q: cracked engine block

I bought this car. Was told it needed a fuel pump. This car Sat two years outside in wisconsin. The guy put the pump in and after driving a block he noticed smoke from the cadiletic converter and said the engine block wad cracked. What do you think

I do not think it is a cracked engine block, but a blown out freeze plug in the block or heads. Have a pressure test done on the cooling system to see where the leak is in the cooling system. The freeze plugs are designed to allow them to be pushed out instead of cracking the cylinder block. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to detect the leak and diagnose the smoke to have this repaired appropriately.