Q: Q: coolant leak

i have a 2000 ford mustang, V6, 3.8 L . and there seems to be coolant leaking from behind the engine somewhere, but i can't see exactly where it's coming from. what could this be? and do you have any advice on how to fix it myself and the parts i would need

Engine coolant leaks at the rear, near the firewall, could be due to a failed hose, water pump, thermostat housing, block drain plug, and so forth. The origin of external leaks can be pinpointed by simple pressure testing of the cooling system. To find the leak that exists in your case, and get the required repair estimated, please request an engine cooling system leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: coolant leak