Q: 2005 Chevy impala keeps overheating coolant reservoir full no visible smoke or no check engine light could it be the thermostat?

asked by on December 21, 2017

My car is overheating the check engine light is not on when it overheats I don’t see smoke coming from under hood of car or when I lift the hood car doesn’t take too long to cool down once the engine is off the coolant reservoir is full but overheating continues could it be the radiator or the thermostat??

You may have a stuck thermostat or cooling fan is not working. i suggest having the computer tested for codes stored and cooling system checked for fan operation when running hot. If fan is on when running hot then you may have a stuck closed thermostat or a water pump not pumping coolant. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come and check the systems out for you.