Q: Cost of replacing N80 valve

asked by on April 26, 2017

I took my car to the dealer since I got the Check Engine light. The dealer said there is a vacuum leak and I need to replace the N80 valve. They are quoting me a high price of $480 to replace the N80 valve. And already charged me a $100 to diagnose. I checked online and looks like the cost of the part is only $25. Need assistance on the best and most cost efficient approach to fix this.

Hi Alagu,

Thank you for your interest in YourMechanic! To further assist you with your repair needs we will first need to have a mechanic physically inspect your car to have it correctly diagnosed. After the mechanic inspects your vehicle you will be given a quote for the recommended repairs. This helps to ensure that you are not wasting time or money on unneeded repairs.

$30 from this diagnostic appointment will be credited to your account if you book the recommended appointment (excluding oil changes). Please note that the quote refers only to the inspection, not the recommended repairs.

To verify that we service your area and are able to set up a quote for your inspection, please go online to Request a Quote at https://www.yourmechanic.com/book . You will be asked to answer a few basic questions about your car, service request, and location to help us verify your request. Once we supply you with a quote you will be able to book an appointment online with a mechanic.

Questions? Check out our FAQ page at https://www.yourmechanic.com/support or call us at 1-800-701-6230 between 6am to 5pm Mon-Fri and 7am to 4pm Sat-Sun PST

Best regards,

Erick YourMechanic Customer Service Team