Q: Is the 2009 Sentra 2.0L a timing chain or timing belt? Also when would that need changing?

Nothing is wrong with the car I just bought it and would like to make sure it's well maintained! And when the timing belt or timing chain should be changed? Also is it a chain or a belt

Hi there. One of the cool things about Nissan four cylinder engines is that they have a timing chain as opposed to a belt. This helps to extend parts life and reduce internal engine failure. The key is to stay on top of routine oil changes and service; including flushing radiator frequently to avoid overheating problems.

• Is the 2009 Sentra 2.0L a timing chain or timing belt? Also when would that need changing?