Q: Howling noise coming from car

There is a howling sound coming from the front passenger's side of the vehicle when the fan is on.

If there is a howling sound that comes on when a fan is turned on, then that may be a sign of a potential problem with the fan. Perhaps the fan’s bearing has become worn, or the blades have somehow become damaged. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, drive the vehicle, and then inspect your AC system, to determine what the exact cause of the problem may be.