I am having a problem with my tension pulley bearing/bolt...

Q: I am having a problem with my tension pulley bearing/bolt.

Long story short. Tension pulley bearing broke, tried taking out the bolt to take it off, ended up breaking the bolt. Spent a couple days trying to carve the bolt out of the bolt shaft, then attempt to re-thread the hole and put in a new bolt and put on a new bearing. Things haven't gone as planned.

So I am left with a hole where the bolt should be, and my only idea is creating a makeshift bolt within the hole with Loctite Threadlocker, however.. I noticed that the mount the bearing lies on is sturdy in itself. The bearing does not seem to actually rotate on the bearing mount, so I was wondering if it would be a smart/dumb idea to just glue the bearing onto the mount and call it a day?

Hi Val. Thanks for contacting us today. In short - yeah, this is likely not going to work for you long term. Remember, when metal heats, most adhesives will fail. The right way to resolve this issue, unfortunately, is to have the hole tapped and rethreaded professionally. The best place to have this done would be a machine shop.