Q: Car is making a knocking noise. 2006 Toyota Corolla

My car is making a knocking noise. Closest I can describe it, it sounds like I'm driving a diesel. What could be wrong.

Hi - your engine could be knocking from bad fuel, ignition problems or bad bearings. Check your engine oil level first - a low oil level could be the most damaging. If the Check Engine light is illuminated, have the problem codes read to guide diagnosis - most auto parts stores will do this for you for free. Engine knocking is a serious problem, often doing damage while driving it. I would recommend having it inspected as soon as possible to diagnose the issue, and prevent damage. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Car is making a knocking noise. 2006 Toyota Corolla