Q: Car is making a knocking noise. 2006 Toyota Corolla

My car is making a knocking noise. Closest I can describe it, it sounds like I'm driving a diesel. What could be wrong.

A: Hi - your engine could be knocking from bad...

Hi - your engine could be knocking from bad fuel, ignition problems or bad bearings. Check your engine oil level first - a low oil level could be the most damaging. If the Check Engine light is illuminated, have the problem codes read to guide diagnosis - most auto parts stores will do this for you for free. Engine knocking is a serious problem, often doing damage while driving it. I would recommend having it inspected as soon as possible to diagnose the issue, and prevent damage. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.