Q: Car is making a knocking sound on passenger side. It started a few days again out of nowhere. It doesn't do it every time it start

Last week my car started making a knocking sound on the passenger side of the car. It doesn't make the knocking every time I turn on the car but majority of the time. I also noticed before the knocking it would shake if i accelerated pass 60mph. The steering wheel would vibrate. It also seems slow to accelerate now. I don't know where to begin when trying to figure out the problem or problems wrong with my car.

I would have the knocking sound investigated and resolved first because it may be engine related and thus a priority. The relevant service to request is an engine noise diagnostic. Vibration felt in the steering wheel is usually tire and/or wheel/tire balance related. Slow acceleration has a variety of causes. Fuel injectors can become clogged over time as the tiny passages become clogged. When an injector is clogged it can degrade the performance of the vehicle and the car may accelerate slowly or feel that it does not have enough power. Other symptoms include a rough idle, a vehicle that is hard to start and a decrease in fuel efficiency. A defective fuel pump will not supply enough fuel to the injectors. This can cause the vehicle to accelerate slowly, or even sputter and stall, especially at high speeds. A clogged fuel filter can also restrict the amount of fuel that reaches the injectors. A dirty airflow sensor can cause the wrong data to be be sent to the computer. A slow accelerating car is the result of this incorrect data. Other causes of poor acceleration are vacuum leaks, a defective throttle position sensor and a defective idle air control valve. To get the underlying cause of the problem pinpointed and resolved, you can request an engine diagnostic for slow acceleration and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns related to any of these issues, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car is making a knocking sound on passenger side. It started a few days again out of nowhere. It doesn't do it every time it start