Q: How do you activate the daytime running lights?

How do you activate the daytime running lights?

Some models are equipped with a supplemental daytime running light system. Essentially, this system turns on the headlights at a dimmer setting than what’s used at night to provide visibility for other drivers during the day. It’s particularly helpful for drivers at sunrise and sunset, when glare can blind them to other vehicles. To activate your daytime running lights, you must:

1. Have the ignition in the on position.
  2. Turn the headlights off, or put them in parking light mode, or auto light mode.
  3. The system should automatically turn on if these conditions are met.

Tips

• Your daytime running lights will not turn on if the transmission is in park.
  • The lights will not turn on in a manual transmission car if the parking brake is engaged.