Q: My buddy put 10w-30 in my old 2001 Toyota Corolla and my car is acting up is it the oil

My buddy put 10w-30 in my car and it's starting to act up I usually put 5w-30 in it idk what the problem is

Hi Troy. Thanks for contacting us today. It depends on what you mean by "acting up". Usually adding a small amount of 10w30 to an engine that usually uses 5w30 is not that harmful. The thicker bottom viscosity could cause oil pressure issues if left in the engine for extended periods of time, like more than 10,000 miles. It would be a good idea to have the oil and filter changed and see if the issues you’re having go away on their own. If the symptoms continue, then let us know what symptoms you are experiencing and we’ll do our best to help you diagnose the problem.

3. My buddy put 10w-30 in my old 2001 Toyota Corolla and my car is acting up is it the oil