Q: Blown engine

Is it possible to replace a Ford 3.5 engine for a 2011 Fusion sport with another Ford 3.5 engine from 2007

In the 2007 model year the Ford Fusion was available with a 3.0L 6 cylinder motor or a 2.0L 4 cylinder motor. In 2011, the Fusion was available with those same options as well as the 3.5L 6 cylinder dual overhead cam motor in the Sport model. As you may know, the 3.5L dual overhead cam motor is an entirely different motor than the other options available. In this case it may be possible to swap these motors, however there will likely be a large amount of modifying and cost associated with making this kind of a swap. You may want to consider having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to determine what your other options may be with doing this.

3. Blown engine