Q: Check Engine Light came on. Car also has problems cranking but only when I refill it with gas.

Check engine light came on and car seems to stall but only when I put gas in the car

Hi there. From the description you have provided, I’m not sure if your vehicle’s engine has a problem cranking or starting. Assuming the engine is turning over, okay. It seem unusual your vehicle only starts and stalls after, refilling the fuel tank. It could be the beginning stages of a failing fuel pump. The Check Engine Light coming on may help with diagnoses. Accessing the vehicle’s computer for codes, could identify the area of concern. I recommend having your vehicle’s starting and stalling conditions be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.

• Check Engine Light came on. Car also has problems cranking but only when I refill it with gas.