Q: Car clicking and flapping when turning

asked by on February 09, 2016

When I turn my steering wheel while sitting still, it makes a clicking noise. When I turn the wheel at high speeds, the tire area makes a flapping noise.

You may have an issue in the steering linkage such as a worn tie rod end or a problem in the steering rack or mount. The steering system needs to be inspected immediately as a failure in the steering system can cause a serious accident if the failure occurs while driving. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to inspect the steering system and recommend repairs. Also whenever steering component are replaced it is recommended that the vehicle be aligned.