Q: Car clicking and flapping when turning

When I turn my steering wheel while sitting still, it makes a clicking noise. When I turn the wheel at high speeds, the tire area makes a flapping noise.

You may have an issue in the steering linkage such as a worn tie rod end or a problem in the steering rack or mount. The steering system needs to be inspected immediately as a failure in the steering system can cause a serious accident if the failure occurs while driving. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to inspect the steering system and recommend repairs. Also whenever steering component are replaced it is recommended that the vehicle be aligned.

3. Car clicking and flapping when turning