Truck clicks one time but wont turn over. clutches l4-2.2...

Q: Truck clicks one time but wont turn over.

As i was on my way hone this morning truck started trying to stall when i pushed the clutch in to change gear. Then just gave out. I tried to start it and it would either click or make a loud whining noise. So i replaced the starter. Now it just clicks and my dash lights go dim! Tried to push start and to no avail. Dont have enough money to take to a mechanic. Also checked the alternator and it passed!

Hi there. If the starter was replaced, first check the battery cables to the starter and make sure that they are tight. If the cables are tight, then the issue could be that the clutch may have broke causing the vehicle to not start or there could be a more serious issue that is making the whining sound when you try to crank the engine over. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your no start situation.