Q: Engine seized in 2005 Acura TL

I went for an oil change and the technician did not tighten the drain plug. Suffice it to say that the oil leaked out while I was driving. I think the engine has seized and the car won't start. How much would it cost to fix this?

A: Hi. An engine replacement in your vehicle w...

Hi. An engine replacement in your vehicle will cost between $2,000 and $4,000. This Depends on where the engine is installed and where the replacement engine is ordered from. The engine itself can range from $500 to $2,000. The labor to install the engine could be anywhere from $800 to $2,000, depending on the installer of your choice.