Q: fuel tank doesnt let me fill up

I've been having same problem for a couple of months now, filling up my gas. My fuel gauge will say it's almost empty.Sometimes the icon of empty gas tank will light up..I will go to gas station and fill it up..But it will automatically shuts off and won't let me fill it up fully. Would it be a fuel gauge problem,or fuel tank,or fuel pump?

Thank you! Mrs.Maynes

Hi there:

The issue you’re describing is actually more common than you might believe. It’s typically caused by a faulty EVAP system component; most likely the EVAP vent solenoid that is responsible for relieving pressure and filtering harmful gas vapors through a filtration system before they are released into the atmosphere. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start or stalls out inspection; which will permit them to determine what’s causing the issues you’re having with the Ford.

3. fuel tank doesnt let me fill up