Q: Van shakes when started then quits when in drive.

When I start my van the front end shakes and acts like it's choking out, but when I put it in drive it clears up. Now when I'm going down the road the transmission acts like it's slipping. What can possibly be the problem?

This shaking feeling sounds like the engine and / or transmission mounts are worn allowing the engine to shake. The issue with the transmission possibly slipping is when the engine RPM’s tend to rise up and the vehicle tends to not move around. Then your transmission would need to be looked at.

I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your shaking and slipping issue.