Q: Will a bad battery cause my car to shut off and my EPS light to come on? What would cause it to come on?

Ok my wife stated "she got in the car . Started up fine . Went to drive off and the car shuts off . Starts the car a second time and the eps light come on and the car dies again . Now the car has no power . I checked it out when I got home and my battery is swollen and no power at all .

Hi there. This is a serious battery problem if the battery is now swollen and has no power. There has been an obviously internal fault. This will cause the vehicle to power down and the EPS light to come on as well. The EPS light is the warning indicator for the electric power steering. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician do a diagnostic inspection to determine the root cause of the battery behavior and if there has been any compromise to the other electrical systems. It may only be a failed battery. If you’d like to have this checked, YourMechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with an electrical inspection and can replace your battery as needed.

3. Will a bad battery cause my car to shut off and my EPS light to come on? What would cause it to come on?