Q: Loss of brake power/pressure once ABS is activated

Whenever the ABS get activated / hitting a large pot hole, I lose brake pressure/power and the pedal sinks to the floor before having any stopping power. On dry road, the brakes works perfectly fine and would not know there was a issue. The problem only occurs once the ABS is activated.

I once slowed down and let go of the brakes right before I hit a large pot hole and I still lost the brake power as described above. On a wet/snowy road once the ABS activated.. the ABS did it's job and when I hit the brakes soon after that, I experienced the same issues.

I need to turn off the car and restart it, then pump the brakes for them to get their pressure/power back. Once this is done, the brakes are "normal" again. If I pump the brakes after the ABS is activated, I do not get the brake power back unless I restart the car and pump the brakes with it in park.

I do not have any lights showing once the car is started "check engine/abs/ect..

If the pedal is sinking to the floor, you have a problem with trapped air in the hydraulic system, a leak, bulging hoses to the 4 wheel positions (the flexible rubber hoses) and/or a faulty master cylinder. To have the exact cause pinpointed, please request a complete brake system inspection. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Loss of brake power/pressure once ABS is activated