Q: Occasional shaking and sluggishness while accelerating

The truck has some problems that happen after I start it up in the morning and increase the speed. If I stop at the traffic light, there is shaking and loss of engine power during acceleration. After that, the vehicle runs great and it could be days without any issues. This happens especially when the weather is damp or foggy. At the shop, they couldn't find what the cause is. Do you have any idea. I appreciate your help.

If your vehicle is shaking and losing power, the most likely cause is fuel or ignition system related. I would recommend having the fuel pressure checked by a qualified professional to determine whether or not the fuel pressure is within specification.

If the fuel pressure is low, this can be due to a weak fuel pump or clogged fuel filter and could also have an affect on your problem.

If the ignition system is having issues, this can be tested with an ignition tester to determine if spark is going to the places that it should. I would also recommend having this test done by a professional as it involves high voltages and injury from shock may result. It is very likely that the cause of your issue will be found during one of these two tests.

If you decide to get this fixed, contact a certified mechanic who can perform these two checks and fix your cars performance at your own convenience.