Q: how to set timming for a freelander TD4 DIESEL 1998 MODEL 2.2 CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIX BUT I CANNOT

how to set timming for a freelander TD4 DIESEL 1998 MODEL 2.2

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

Setting timing on any engine can be very tricky to do, and it’s even harder to explain how to do it over a computer without being able to see the engine in person. Unfortunately all I can tell you is that the easiest way to get the timing right is to place the motor at top dead center so all the timing marks line up, then mark the old timing belt and gears with a paint pen. Then transfer the marks from the old belt to the new belt, and line up those marks to the marks on the gears. Tension the belt, and turn the motor over by hand two full crankshaft revolutions, and make sure the timing marks still line up.

If you took the belt off without marking it, and without lining up the timing marks, then you’ll have to seek out the help of a qualified professional. If you’re in the United States, you could have a certified technician come to your home or work to get your timing belt installed properly. If outside the United States, it’s best to seek out a qualified technician to help you achieve this.

• how to set timming for a freelander TD4 DIESEL 1998 MODEL 2.2 CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIX BUT I CANNOT