Q: Car not accelerating - 2007 Kia Spectra

At random, the car stops accelerating. Usually happens when I've stopped at a traffic light, and once I hit around 20mph, it quits accelerating. I will stop the car, turn it off & back on. Then it accelerates fine again.

Hi. This sounds like you have a bad throttle position sensor or idle air control valve is going bad. Both of these sensors can cause the car to stall at low speeds and have trouble accelerating. These sensor help read and control the air fuel mix and position of throttle plate when the gas pedal is pressed. I’m not sure if the Check Engine Light is on or not but I suggest you have your cars computer checked for engine codes. If you would like to have this done, a qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the stalling problem.