Q: Obd scan tool is not reading. Car wont start. An battery keeps dying. New battery

asked by on July 30, 2016

Obd scan tool is not reading car won't start New battery.

Check fuse number 11 in fuse box to see if it is blown. Check all fuses in engine and interior fuse boxes for any blown ones.

You may need to try disconnecting the engine control module and reconnecting it with the battery disconnected. Check the connector for any signs of green corrosion, then clean and lube the connection with dielectric lube before re-connection.

If you still cannot start the vehicle, then look at the dash to see if the warning light is flashing or on with the key in the On position. If it is, then try a different key to have it turn off. If it stays on, then you should have the system reprogrammed to work.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr