Q: car making chirping noise on start up

asked by on December 14, 2016

upon start up car has been making chirping noise especially the first time i start it in the day. after driving a couple miles or so it stops. i just moved to a colder climate dont know if thats related. Belts?

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like the belt may be worn/loose and causing the noise. A quick visual inspection may reveal that the belt is indeed worn and in need of replacement. A belt tensioner that is struggling to maintain the proper amount of tension can also cause noises. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car is making a chirping noise when cold inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr