My car feels like the brakes are engaging on their own wh...

Q: My car feels like the brakes are engaging on their own when I am driving

asked by on August 27, 2017

My car feels like the brakes are engaging when I am driving, the brake pedal is high and hard and I need to give it more gas to maintain the same speed, when I let it sit for a few minutes it goes back to NORMAL. THIS IS AN INTERMITANT PROBLEM

This is normally due to brake calipers sticking. I would recommend having a brake inspection performed to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.