Q: Help, my car idles really low, almost dies.

It idles really low, almost dies. The check engine light doesnt come on. There's no oil smell, the fuel doesnt run out quickly. Im stumped as to what the problem may be.

Hi there. Sounds as if the engine has a vacuum leak. When the engine is running at idle, if there is a vacuum leak, the engine will tend to stall out or come near stalling out as the engine is unable to obtain all of the air that is needed to operate properly. Look around the engine for any vacuum lines that are disconnected, broken, or missing. If you need further assistance with your engine idle dropping too low, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Help, my car idles really low, almost dies.