Q: Transmission not shifting

So my car is not going into gear . It's gives me nasty pull any time I need to go faster

My car has an automatic transmission.And also the engine light is on

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty transmission speed sensor that may be causing this to happen. The other possibility may be a clogged transmission fluid filter that could also be limiting the flow of the transmission fluid or you may have a faulty control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Transmission not shifting