Q: 2014 Chrysler Town

asked by on August 17, 2017

Van won't start ETC light on. Power to vehicle. Did the off on position 3 times the code came up ACCV or ACCY. I was hard to tell if it was a V or Y. What does this code mean?

Hi Heather. ETC pertains to the electronic throttle control system. It is possible that a fault exists in the ETC system and so the first thing to do is check for stored diagnostic trouble codes. The only "ACC" light we are aware of is an indicator of the accessory mode of the ignition system. It might be an indicator that the immobilizer or security system is active. If the security system is active, it’s possible that it’s disabling the ignition system - causing the car to not start. I think the best thing to do is have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a warning light inspection, so they can get to the root issue.