Car interior/dome lights won't turn on. switches l4-2.0l ...

Q: Car interior/dome lights won't turn on.

The battery in my car recently died and I had it replaced. But now my dome lights and radio won't turn on at all. I replaced the fuses hoping it would work and nothing has changed. I believe the radio won't work because of a anti theft feature, but I am going to get a replacement anyways so it doesn't bother me that much.

Hi there. For the interior lights not working after replacing the battery, first check the switch to make sure that the light is on. If the light is on the door selection and will not turn on, then one of the door courtesy switch is not working and could have a bad ground. If the light is on the ’ON’ position then check the bulb and see if it was burned out when the battery was hooked up. If a door was open or the dome light switch was on, then when spiking the battery as the battery cables are hooked up can cause the light bulb to burn out. The radio could be off due to the anti-theft system being active or the harness inline fuse could be burned out. Check the inline fuse and the anti-theft system before replacing the radio as it may not fix the situation. If you need further assistance with your radio and dome light not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.