Q: Excessive oil loss with P0013 Camshaft OCV error code.

Intermittent P0013 error code with sudden excessive oil leak, almost draining out. Appears to be coming from near the starter. Could a failed Camshaft OCV create excessive oil pressure within the timing chain leading to a timing chain cover seal rupture? Or if a dealer put the timing chain cover back on could they have done a cheap seal that failed after 4-5 weeks?

Your mention of the dealer putting in a cheap seal make me wonder if you had work done previously to the vehicle. These models have timing chains that tend to stretch as they wear and cause check engine lights, poor drivability and if left too long there can be engine damage. If the dealer did perform work, return to the facility and inquire about warranty services as they are best equipped with the right parts on hand in the case something has to be replaced. The starter is bolted to the transmission flex plate at the rear of the engine so a leak here may indicate a rear main seal leak unless the leak is coin from higher up and running down the engine. Consider hiring the services of an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the engine data as well as the oil leak to help offer a more personal diagnosis and determine the path to repair.

3. Excessive oil loss with P0013 Camshaft OCV error code.