Q: Do I need to replace the alternator?

asked by on October 27, 2016

Hello Chris. I have honda accord 2008. The alternator does not work well. Do I have to replace it or it could be repaired?

Alternator Replacement $151.62 - $1237.14 Get a Quote

You will need to have the alternator replaced. Older versions of alternators were serviceable at one point, and some still are. Todays parts are starting to be designed to be non-serviceable. You may find a mechanic that can service your alternator, but that typically voids any warranties. Some manufacturers do rebuild them and will give you money back on purchasing a new one. Once you bring the old one back, you will get some credit back. This is typically only practiced at parts stores if you were looking to perform the repairs yourself.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr