Q: radiator leaking coolant

asked by on June 24, 2016

I had some front end damage on the left side of my car that was fixed. The coolant is running into washer fluid tank. It doesn't happen all of the time. It only happens randomly - about every 3 days. The washer fluid tank will over flow, too. The warning lights come on to check coolant, and it’s low. What should I do to get this problem fixed?

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The overflow and the washer fluid tank are either made as one whole unit or one right next to each other. If the overflow and the washer fluid tank are made as one unit, there may be a crack in the unit causing coolant to get into the washer fluid tank. If the overflow and the washer fluid tank are right next to each other, the car may be overheating and the coolant overflow is running over and spilling into the washer tank. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection to pinpoint why your coolant is leaking and diagnose why your Warning Lights are on.