Q: My Audi A4 has a bad transmission range sensor and when accelerating the car shakes, I don't know if it's the sensor?

My car has a bad transmission range sensor and when accelerating the car shakes and struggles to pick speed. After this the car runs fine.is it because of the sensor or something else?

A faulty transmission range selector switch/sensor could have some negative effects on vehicle performance and consequently the switch should be replaced prior to a diagnostic for the acceleration problem you are describing. After the sensor/switch is replaced, if the acceleration problem remains, that problem would be identified and resolved during a slow acceleration diagnostic. To obtain replacement of the range selector component, please use YourMechanic’s transmission range selector service page and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My Audi A4 has a bad transmission range sensor and when accelerating the car shakes, I don't know if it's the sensor?