Q: Are using Mobil1 oil for oil change on porsche panamera?

asked by on September 21, 2017

I got a quote for oil change and just wanted to know what kind of oil and filter wll be used for this job. Manufacturer suggest Mobil 1 synthetic

To obtain specific identification of the oil brand, and certifications (API, etc.), please contact YourMechanic’s customer service help line directly at (800) 701-6230. Please note that brand "names" have never been a recognized, or even practically usable, criteria to select an engine oil. Rather what you want to determine is whether OEM (vehicle model specific) listed specifications are met by the certifications, conferred by the relevant organizations such as the API (American Petroleum Institute) and European ratings agencies as well, as actually printed on the oil container. With regard to oil that you might see sold at retail, even though a "brand" might be referred to by a manufacturer you still have to cross check the actual OEM specification against what is actually documented on the oil container itself because specifications change and labels change. Please note that you can always supply your own oil, based on your own research, if you desire; obviously you will only be charged for labor in that circumstance. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr