Q: Car wont start. The battery and starter have been tested are fine

Over the last week my car has been very unreliable in starting up. The battery and starter were tested by aaa and both are fine..Sometimes the car will start right up, other times it looks like all power has been drained, only to start right up a few minutes later. today the engine clicks but wont start. any ideas would be greatly appreciated .

This may be related to a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.