Q: Door stuck open

asked by on February 05, 2016

The passenger's side door is stuck open. It acts as if something is blocking it and keeping it from closing, but I can see nothing jamming it.

It sounds like the latch that holds the door closed may be stuck in the closed position, preventing the door from shutting fully. This latch is located inside the door, but is visible while the door is open. It may be possible to lubricate the latch and get it unstuck. If lubrication does not work, I would recommend having your door latch replaced. The best thing to do would be to enlist the help of a certified mechanic to diagnose why the door is not closing to ensure it gets done correctly.