Q: where is crankshaft position sensor located on 2011 vw cc r-line

asked by on November 27, 2017

My car stalled out on Sunday and has not started since. I was told that it may be the camshaft or crankshaft sensor. I replaced the cam but can not locate the crank sensor. Can you give the location of the crankshaft position sensor?

The crankshaft position sensor is typically mounted to the right of the oil filter on this engine model. Usually, the oil filter has to be removed to gain access. The camshaft position sensor should only be changed if it fails diagnostic tests. The same holds true for the crankshaft position sensor. The best thing to do to get your car running is obtain a conclusive diagnostic of the underlying fault because without a diagnostic you may be replacing parts that are perfectly good. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.