Q: A 2002 Toyota Highlander how many catalytic converters does it have?

We were told that our car had 3 catalytic converters, because our mechanic just replaced one & last March replaced one?

A: Depending on the options your car came with...

Depending on the options your car came with from the factory (single exhaust or dual exhaust), your car should have one or two catalytic converters. I would recommend having a certified expert, like one from YouMechanic, come to your home to inspect your catalytic converter to determine the need for a replacement again.