Q: Car shut off

asked by on July 13, 2017

I was driving then smelled oil, then car sound like it was knocking and out of nowhere car shut down and won't turn back on. Interior lights and everything else seems fine. But car won't crank even after car shut off

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. What you are describing tends to occur when either an oil line becomes loose or internal engine damage occurs. However, it’s also possible that you have an electrical or ignition system component failure that is causing the hard to start problem; and the engine oil smell is a secondary or non-related issue. It’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection to determine what is causing your problem.